Serving families of VPK-5 grade students, Anchor Academy Elementary has a unique role in our Atlantic Beach community. With small classroom sizes, high performing teachers and an abundance of extracurricular activities and clubs, the school affords our students a well-rounded education, as well as additional support you can’t find at any other school.
Proudly Serving Those That Serve
With its proximity to Naval Station Mayport, Anchor Academy serves a large number of military families — even members of faculty have military backgrounds. Because of our military presence, we have unique resources and services available to all students (both military and non-military) that focus on student wellness and achievement.
An Amazing School for Each Child
We fully commit ourselves to every child’s individual pathway to success. Every student will know how to apply the skills they learn to their life.
Small School with Big Opportunities
Anchor Academy boasts a small size compared to other area schools with just 300 students currently enrolled, and there’s plenty of room for more across all grade levels. Small school size means that your child gets recognized, affirmed, and uniquely cared for by teachers and staff. It means students get to know each other well, building strong bonds that carry them through their primary school years.
Special Programs, Clubs and Activities
- FIRST LEGO Robotics Club (3rd through 5th grade after-school enrichment program)
- Green Champions
- Kiwanis K-Kids Club
- Gardening Club
- Shine On Bible Club
- Anchored 4 Life Comfort Crew
- DoDEA Project A.N.C.H.O.R. Program
- WFIN Student Morning News
- Safety Patrol
- Teachers of Tomorrow (TOT)
- Quarterly Reading Celebrations
- Biweekly Reading Progress Monitoring
- Comfort Crew Homework Group
- Classroom Reading by Naval Station Mayport Sailors
- White Table Ceremony
- Monthly Flag Raising Ceremony